Our Early Christmas Gift

Our Early Christmas Gift

Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

Going on one year


Michael has come a long way in the past 11 months and Katie and I can't believe we are getting ready to celebrate his 1 Year Birthday! Where has the time gone? We've been buying a few things along the way for his Birthday and actually debated if we should let him play with some toys before hand. We decided to give in as it would be fun to see him interact with a few of his new toys. We got them all wrapped up now for his coming Birthday and I doubt he will know the difference for his first Birthday.

Michael has been doing very good with getting around. He has mastered the crawl and if not careful he'll be out of your sight in no time! He also has mastered pulling himself up and cruising around the furniture but has yet to let go and actually take steps on his own. It puts a new perspective on things when we see him pulling himself up onto furniture. Can't believe it won't be long until he is walking around!

Michael has also mastered MaMa and DaDa and understands the word No! He understands so well that he will turn around and look at you and shake his head no and smile at the same time. He actually is doing a very good job listening to us when we tell him no. We'll see how long that actually lasts. We also found out that we have ourselves a new Window Washer in town. One evening I had just got done cleaning our little 90 panes of windows in our doors that lead out to our Florida Room. It was a matter of minutes until Michael crawled over and started licking the glass, so of course I had to get a picture.


We also went to trick or treat in Dresden, Ohio and spent some time with Grandma Harper and Nana, although we did not take Michael trick or
treating this time.



I think all the parents would know what all we were up to, but Michael did get some attention when we were passing out candy. We figure next Halloween Michael will partake in Trick or Treat.






On a bad note, I can't believe how stinky our little guy is getting when he soils himself. Holy Moly, he is just like his Mama. There are a few times where I actually felt like throwing up from changing him. All it takes is about two real good diapers in the diaper can and it's ready to be put outside. I'm sure it has to do with all the yummy food he is eating now. He is able to eat pretty much about anything in very small pieces. He goes to town when it comes to eating and is eating like a champ!

We are getting ready for Grandma Bailey to come visit us on December 8th to help us celebrate our little boy's Birthday. We have some things planned so it should be a great time while she is here. I'm sure she will not want to go home once she is here. I was planning on taking some time off but I'll be in training that week and I really can't afford to not go, but we have plans in the evening so we should have fun!

Katie is doing such a wonderful job caring for Michael and I'm very thankful that we were able to swing it this year and have her be a stay at home mom. It's no joke and she is doing an awesome job at it! We love you Michael Ryan! You are growing up WAY to fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment