Michael has been growing and learning at incredible speeds since my last post. He has successfully learned how to get mommy's and daddy's attention when he wants it, NOW! Although we let him sit in fuss for a little while we end up attending to his needs. We really can't complain though because he has been such a wonderful little baby! He is still sleeping through the nights anywhere from 10 to 12 hours a night. We have on a schedule and his bedtime is 8:30pm. We try and get him settled down around 8 o'clock, give him a bottle and read him bedtime stories. We have been doing very well with the bedtime stories. Usually Mommy gives him the bottle and I'll read to him for about 30 mins. Katie and I have been reading the KJV Bible so sometimes we will read it to Michael since we have been reading it together. We plan to finish it from front to back in under a year.
Michael had his first Easter this year too! He didn't think to much about his Easter Basket but we will give him the benefit of the doubt since he is so little but it did break Mommy's heart a little since she worked hard on putting the basket together. Michael is already a heart breaker though, he completely tore his Daddy's heart in two!!! It all started when Katie and I were getting ready to go outside to work in the yard. Katie had Michael strapped to the front of her with the baby pouch. I was getting ready to get a start on things so I looked at Michael, smiled and shook his little hands up and down like I always do to say bye. Michael looked at Daddy and fear overcame his face and he started screaming and yelling like he didn't know who the heck I was! I felt soooo bad! Katie ended up having to take Michael out of the pouch and took 10 minutes to calm him down! That has only happened once thank goodness! I must have really startled him.Michael loves to play head, shoulders, knees, and toes. He usually laughs every single time we play the game! He is also becoming a lot more active playing with his toys which is a joy to watch. He is making cute Ooooos and Aaaahs in his crib when he wakes up in the morning, and is always a happy baby from a long nights rest!
It was pretty funny! I was playing with Michael out on the front porch. I had him in my lap and was bending his legs up towards his chest when all of a sudden he ripped a big one! He looked at me and started laughing! He is too young to know that should be funny! Of course I started to laugh hysterically which in turn scared him and then he started crying. HA HA! Such a funny little dude!Speaking of long nights rests, Michael has been spoiling us with them until he caught his first cold. We went to church a couple Sundays ago, and for the first time, put him in the nursery. I just KNEW he would get sick! Sure enough he did. He didn't sleep good for a 3 days and was up every 2 hours. Luckily he got over his cold fairly fast! Bad thing was Katie ended up getting sick, and daddy got sick, and then Daddy's cold turned for the worse and now he has not much of a voice! I guess there has been too much loving and kissing that we spread it to everyone except the animals!
Michael went in for his 4 month shots a few days ago. I was curious how it would go since his 2 month shots almost killed Daddy and Mommy! He took them like a champ this time! He only fussed for about a minute and then he was ok and happy again. Michael weighed in at his 4 month (plus 2 weeks) appointment at 14 pounds even and 25 1/2 inches long. We will be starting him on rice cereal in the next couple of weeks since his head control is so good!
We are very excited for Michael and can't believe how much he has grown and how much he has learned in the past 4 months and 3 weeks. He has been at the center of attention at the Bailey Family.As always, we love you little Michael Ryan!

No comments:
Post a Comment