
It has been a while since I have last blogged so I figured what better day than today. The last month has been incredible for Michael. It is absolutely amazing how much he has changed in only a months time. He has been cooing a lot in the past month. He is so vocal that the doctor could not believe how many sweet noises he has been making. They say babies recognize who their mommy and daddy are at about 6 months of age. I'm starting to wonder if Michael knows who his mommy and daddy are already! He does a great job locking on to us with his eyes and is doing great with hearing us and turning to see who it is. He even gives us an occasional smile.
I can't believe how much he is growing too! He has already doubled his weight. He weights 10 pounds and 6 1/2 ounces. He was due for a feeding when we weighed him so it's actually closer to 10 pounds 10 1/2 ounces. :) He is also 23 inches long! Also he is sleeping a lot better too! He is almost 10 weeks old and he is sleeping about 5 hours at a time at night, so that is a big relief for Katie and I! Katie has been getting up with him since she is still on maternity leave and she has been letting me get some decent sleep since I have to get up early in the morning for work. I really am glad she lets me get decent sleep because there is no way I would be able to function at work. The good thing is at least she can take naps during the day when Michael is napping.

We have decided that Katie will not be going back to work. She is going to be a stay at home mommy for at least a year. We have done an excellent job saving up our money to where we should be able to get by for a year or two depending on what type of expenses come up and also been able to pay down some loans. We are looking to possibly get rid of the boat this year and then pay off our student loans which should help big time. We are thinking about getting a slip at Lake Cumberland this year so we can sell our boat. It just doesn't make sense to put the boat up for sale and then have to pay someone to put it in the water, pay for docking fees, to just have someone tell us they are not interested in the boat. Soooo, we may be going down to Lake Cumberland after all, but if we get a bite on the boat we probably will sell it. It will be sad to see it go, but will also make it tough to drive 5-6 hours with Michael. But have no fear, we will probably be getting another boat sometime once Michael gets a little older :)

Grandma from Florida got to come up and spend some time with Michael. It was actually funny. Mom ended up coming to Ohio when we pretty much had a blizzard. If the wind would have blown a little harder we would have been under a blizzard. I think we got close to a foot and a half of snow while she was here. That is what she gets for bragging how nice and warm it has been in Sunny Florida :) She kept on promising that she was going to pack her bags and put Michael in her carry-on and take him back to Florida. I think not mom :). It was very good to have mom up for a week to spend time with Michael. Katie and I plan to hopefully make a trip down to Florida so Michael and meet up with his Grandma and Great Grandpa. Hopefully we'll be able to take him to the Ocean!

Michael had his shots today. It pretty much broke our hearts to see him get his shots. I think both Katie and I cried with Michael. Poor little guy, he has been the happiest baby so far! If he fusses we can pretty much bet he either has a tummy ache, is hungry, or needs changed. Today was very tough to watch them stick him with 2-3 inch needles, THREE OF THEM. NO JOKE! It was that big and they stuck him entirely with it! I was surprised! He squealed so loud that he ran out of breath. Katie and I said, "Breath Michael, BREATH!" He breathed very deeply and then let out a whale of a scream, "why are you doing this to me!??". We felt so bad. We gave him a bottle and he calmed down. Thank goodness he is doing very well tonight. He doesn't seem to be running a fever and seems to be pretty happy even though I'm sure his thighs have got to be sore.
That is it for now! He is getting so big and he has been a complete Joy! We just love him so much and can't wait to see what the next few months hold for us as a family!
We love you Michael Ryan!!!

Gogeous baby! He reminds me so much of my 2 little boys when they were babies. Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog.
ReplyDelete