Our Early Christmas Gift

Our Early Christmas Gift

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blessing and Happy Baby!



Michael is a little over 3 months and one week old now and he is bringing us so much Joy. About a week or so ago we noticed Michael's first real smile. I say real because he has been smiling at us for about the past month or so but we believe it was reflexes. Now all we have to do is walk up to him and smile and he gets so excited to see us and smiles back! We just love him to pieces! He is over 12 pounds now and is filling out quite nicely. He is also sleeping through the night as well. I don't think we could have asked for a better baby boy! Hopefully he will still be as sweet when he is a year old and running around getting into everything. Our friend Kiyomi tells us that is how one of her Children were too, until he reached 1 year old. Now her Son Ethan is a little Pistol! He is such a cute little boy though. Michael is also getting pretty good about having his parents wrapped around his finger. We put him down for a nap and then he starts fussing a little. We let him fuss, but sometimes he falls asleep and other times it gets pretty bad. When we go in to check on him, he sees us and then puts on a BIG Smile! It's a good thing he is so cute!

Katie started to go through the Baby Blues a couple weeks ago. I knew this could happen and I assured her that she wasn't crazy and that people can experience the baby blues. Luckily it only lasted for about a week. I don't blame her if I were home all the time in February. After all, we did have a record high snow fall of about 3 feet! I ended up running out to get groceries and surprised her with a nice bouquet. I told her she is such a wonderful Mommy and how proud I am of her! I think her seeing the flowers come up in the landscape was the best medicine for her. She is doing great once again!

On March 7th Katie and I decided to dedicate Michael back to the Lord. Pastor Andrew Dennis conducted the ceremony at Dresden Baptist Church. Pastor Dennis is the one who Married us back on July 20, 2002 and he officiated at my Brother's Funeral. He is such an enlightening gentleman and I get great pleasure in listening to him speak. His church service on March 7th specifically spoke on Samuel 23:16 and how David longed and wanted to drink from the Well of Bethlehem. He wanted to drink so bad that his three mighty men set off to Bethlehem to get David his drink. The three mighty men risked their life for David since there was a garrison in Bethlehem. When they returned with the water, David did not drink but he simply poured it out on the ground, giving it back to the lord. David's thinking was he owed the water to the Lord for his three men risked their life for David and they returned back unharmed.

Basically people should want to and should long for the water like David did. People should help other people get to the water, and people should also give back to the Lord for what all He has done for getting us to the water. The Well of Bethlehem (water) is none other than Jesus Christ. Now that you have an understanding you can see why we dedicated Michael back to the Lord. Katie and I are very thankful for what all The Lord has done for us. I truly believe The Lord has given us life where life was taken from us, in this case, my Brother, David Bailey. Michael is truly a gift from God and we hope to raise Michael with Christ in his life. We hope to help Michael get to the water that hopefully later in life he is longing for. It all starts with a good foundation. It was bittersweet dedicating Michael back to the Lord. We really appreciate what all He has done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment