
Today Michael had a very long day. His longest since he has been introduced in this world. Papa got up with him extra early so Momma could get some extra sleep in the morning since he was ornery and would not go back to sleep after 4am - he must have known he was going to have a big day! We went for his first doctor's appointment at Pediatric Care in Pickerington. His Doctor seems very friendly and nice so I imagine we'll hang on to her. As you know we were pretty concerned with his weight since he was born at 5 pounds 13 ounces. When we brought him home he only weighed 5 pounds 4 ounces. His jaundice levels were extremely low but the nurses at the hospital were concerned with his weight. As you can imagine this was a big concern of ours when we brought him home! Great news is within 4 days of bringing him home he weighed 5 pounds 11 ounces. This is great news! It typically takes a newborn 2 weeks to reach their birth rate again. I knew my little boy was gaining weight just from the output he was producing. We are up to over 7 wet diapers a day, and I do mean soaked! I never knew he would be peeing so much!
Afterwords we stopped over to Babies R Us to pick up a few things for Michael. Papa told Momma that he was running in to get an item, but Papa ended up splurging a little bit on Michael! I don't think Katie minded too much though. Michael's back has been sweating profusely when laying him down in his Bassinet so I was able to find a Bassinet liner pad that did the trick. I spoke to a few people and they said this was normal for their child as well and nothing they did seemed to work. So...For 6.99 you can buy a Bassinet Pad that has a waterproof core but is outer layers are made out of a fleece material. Result, no more sweaty backs!
Our final destination was to run to the bank to open a savings account for Michael and to get him his first bond. We got a little excited and were unable to do either one since we do not have Michael's Social Security Number. At least the tellers didn't look at me like I was stupid and they congratulated me on our new arrival.
I know I know, it doesn't sound like we ran a lot of different places. But for Michael never being exposed outside the hospital or our home, it was a big leap. It was also a big leap for his parents since this was the first time for them as well. I have to admit I was a little anxious but everything fell into place and we all had a good time as we took our first little excursion. Yesterday was a good day!
By the way....We believe Michael has stuck a sensor in our bed that activates around 4am in the morning. Every time we try and go to bed he starts crying, even if we lay him down 20 minutes before hand and then try and quietly crawl into bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment