Our Early Christmas Gift

Our Early Christmas Gift

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Just like his Daddy


Michael has been cracking us up! There isn't one dull moment as the days go by! I feel bad talking about poo and pee all the time but for some reason it is funny coming out of something so stinkin' little - No pun intended! Earlier today we thought Michael had soiled his diaper. Both Katie and I were inspecting Michael. We pulled the corner of his diaper back to check and he farted as soon as we did that. For some reason that made Katie and me crack up laughing. Katie said, "Yep! Just like his Father!" I just shook my head! Won't be so funny when it's the real deal! I went out to eat with a few friends the other day for work. As we were sitting at our table, this little boy (maybe 4-5 years old) walked past me and said, "Daddy, my Butt hurts!". His father had a surprise look on his face, looked over at me, and then just smiled at me. He had no response. It just makes me wonder what Michael is going to do to embarrass his Mom and Dad when he gets older. I am really concerned if he is going to be anything like my Brother was. God help us all!

Michael is doing very well. We got our digital scale the other day. It had very great reviews on accuracy. You can actually put towels and what not on the scale before turning it on. It always zeros itself out before placing the baby on the scale, so it's an accurate scale. We were very excited to weigh Michael. We found out he weighed over 7 pounds. Not too bad for only being 3 weeks old. If you remember right he was only 5 pounds 4 ounces when we brought him home. It is so much fun to see how he changes day by day. He looks like he may be getting a stork bite birth mark on the back of the base of his head. I was reading birth marks can show up as late as 2-3 months after they are born so it will be interesting to watch to see if it develops further.

As always, Katie has been doing a fabulous job caring for Michael while I'm at work. We are debating if she is going to be a stay at home mom or if she'll go back to work. I went over the finances and believe we'll be able to swing it for at least a year or two. Even though the economy went to crap and NetJets suffered almost a Billion in loss, they some how managed to give me a bonus this year and we'd been saving money since Katie was pregnant. As you can imagine I am extremely grateful. It was a very tough year for us and we lost almost 800 people. I was very on edge and was worried I would have to find another job. Getting a bonus really helped ease things both on a career level and financially. It's interesting, I was all about the Day Care, but now that this little Fella is here, I can't imagine anyone else watching him and caring for him other than his Mom and Dad.

I've been getting pretty good at Photography and have studied a lot of different shooting techniques although it does help when you are working with good subjects :) . I just ordered us a HD Camcorder for Michael and can't wait to start taking video of the little guy. One of these days I'm gonna catch his little sneezes on video and it's gonna make us win 10,000 on America's Funnies Videos. You just wait! :)

That is it for now. As always, we Love you Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment