Our Early Christmas Gift

Our Early Christmas Gift

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas from Michael


Michael told me that it was very important that I write a little bit about his First Christmas experience. Michael especially wanted me to let everyone know that he was able to successfully sleep through all the snuggle time and holding of the 15 different people who dropped by to see him for Christmas! He showed his bright blue eyes to everyone though at one point or another. Maybe all the passing of Michael around made him a little tired? Instead of people asking to pass the salt for their food, they were asking to please pass the Michael!

We ended up having everyone drop by our place for Christmas this year since Michael is still so small. We are glad we were able to spend time with everyone for Christmas and we are especially happy that Michael spent his first Christmas with everyone as well. We had a ton of food to munch on for Christmas evening. Dad brought a plate of lunch meet and cheese. I swear it must have weighed in at 20 pounds! Katie and I focused on making desserts for everyone, but Katie also made homemade potato casserole and some homemade green bean casserole while I tried my luck with peppermint trifle - it was a huge hit! My sister and Dave realize how much I love their coffee, so they brought us a carafe of their home brewed coffee! Yum!

As you can imagine, Michael was a big hit this year for Christmas. I could tell passing Michael around was making Katie extremely anxious. There were a few kiddos this year and we wanted to be sure they understood the importance of hand washing and how delicate Michael was at his current age. We were also a little concerned with my 95 year old Grandma holding Michael. I explained to her that Grandma wasn't going to be wobbling around on her feet while holding Michael. Although I bet Michael would have enjoyed the ride if Grandma brought her walker with wheels to our house, but she didn't :) I have never seen my grandma so proud when she was holding Michael for the very first time. I could tell she was over the moon!

Katie's side of the family absolutely spoiled Michael this Christmas Year. I think there were more presents under the tree for him than their has been for Katie and I combined for the past 10 years! No Joke! This little boy is set when it comes to toys and things to do when he gets a little older. It was toooo funny! Uncle Jeff is the chief of Police and Fire in Dresden, Ohio. As you can imagine he talks a lot about putting out fires and helping other people. You can tell he really enjoys his job. It has been tradition that little kids of the family come over to his fire station and check out all the big red trucks and squirt the fire hose; A small one with low pressure for kids - yeah funny imagines going through your head, huh? Since Michael is obviously way to small, Uncle Jeff got him his very own fire uniform onesie, bib, and rubber fire boots! It is too stinking cute! Katie ended up stripping Michael down to his diaper and put him in his oversized fire boots and took some pictures. As you can imagine he looked very funny with the boots coming up to his thighs while asleep. I told Katie that we don't dare show Michael this when he gets older. He will wonder what in the heck we were thinking! Plus I don't want to give him any male stripping tendencies.

All and all this was by far the best Christmas Katie and I have ever had. We are very happy to celebrate Christmases in the future as a family and from what I have been told, Christmases only get better from here on out with a little one. We are very happy to know we were blessed to celebrate Christmas this year with our little baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment