Our Early Christmas Gift

Our Early Christmas Gift

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Michael Bailey's First day home



Well, it's official. We have now had our first taste of parenthood at our house. This means no more free Hospital food, (good!), no more taking Michael to the nursery to get sleep (which we didn't do much), no more asking the lactation nurse and nurses a million questions, and no more sleeping on a pull out chair - I didnt know they made such a thing!

Our last night was pretty difficult. Michael has his schedule mixed up. He thinks days are night and nights are days. Around 3:00am this morning I had the opportunity to feed Michael now that things are moving along for Katie, if you know what I mean :). He was crying pretty bad at 3:00am so I got him out to feed. He would feed for 20 seconds and then go right to sleep as I was holding him. I would hold him for 20 mins and then put in back into his crib next to me. Within 5 minutes he would start fussing again. We did this at least 5-6 times so he wore is dad out quickly. I ended up sleeping out on the couch next to Michael and gave Katie a few hours to relax back in bed. It was a pretty trying time yesterday as we didn't get much sleep but now that we are home we are finding out how important it is to nap thru the day.

on a funny side note we believe Michael knows when he gets a new diaper on as he breaks it in by farting. Never fails just like his Daddy, although i do not wear diapers, yet!

On a much anticipated and very good note we found out that the Milk Fairy has finally come to visit Katie so we are very excited since Michael was born 3 weeks and 5 days early. It takes up all his energy to nurse. He'll nurse for 20 seconds and then he is out cold! A simple little rub on his head or arm will kick start him again like a shutdown motorcycle. The first few days in the hospital were very hard as current parents can imagine but after 4 days old as a premie he seems to really be getting the hang of things.

I never would have imagined how much fun it would be to be a parent. I don't mind changing the dirty diapers and strangely enough I find it funny when he soils himself as soon as we put a new diaper on him. I almost took a shot to the face from his firehose, but I was quick to react. We'll see how many times I get lucky before I'm drenched with his super-soaker. Speaking of soiling, I better go so I can change my little dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment