Our Early Christmas Gift

Our Early Christmas Gift

Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

Great day even with not much sleep


Yesterday was a big day for Michael. We are officially done using the petroleum jelly on Michael's private parts with no issues. That's great! Also his umbilical cord fell off the other day. Katie and I were kind of disgusted with it. It really looks like a shriveled up piece of beef jerky. I was joking around with Katie and telling her we should keep it, but it ended up in the trash in under a minute. Everyone at work knows me as the deer slayer, maybe I should take them in a little sample of deer jerky? Wow, that would be so wrong! I can't believe I just said that :) Little Michael has an outie belly button for now, hopefully he will grow into it though. We are relieved it is finally off. It was just dangling for the past two days. It's was like a dead piece of skin that you just want to take off.

Michael got Daddy very good yesterday! Katie was up multiple times checking on Michael from midnight until about 4:30-5:00. And then I watched Michael so Katie could get a good 5 hours of sleep. I wake easily when Katie gets up to check on Michael so I felt like I didn't have that much sleep. Around 6pm it hit me hard! My sign lady called me around 6pm and told me to stop over. She is making us a cool sign for Michael's Room. I was exhausted but knew I should go, so I got up to get ready. Michael was fussy so I figured he needed a diaper change. I took him into the Nursery and proceeded to change his soiled Diaper (By the way, this kid is a champ! He can have a mother of all diaper load and really doesn't complain that much). Katie was in the nursery when I stripped Michael down and took off his diaper. I had my head turned and talking with Katie when I felt this warm sensation around my crotch. I knew I was tired and knew I still had good control of my bowels and didn't think I was peeing myself. I looked back at Michael and he was spraying his Daddy's Jeans, Shirt, Floor, changing pad, and himself. I guess this little guy is marking his daddy has his property! So, I got him changed AGAIN and went to make the handoff to Katie when he decided to poop in mid hand off. Needless to say I was running a little late to see the sign lady, but I was WIDE AWAKE from laughing my butt off!

Michael seems to be dreaming a lot when he is sleeping. He makes these funny little noises when he is dreaming. Every time he exhales he makes a little sound. It is too funny! He seems to be getting bigger day by day as well. I would like to get him into the Dr. Office to get him weighed again. I'm pretty sure he is already at or past his birth weight. He is so amazing. He amazes us everyday. He seems to be a lot less fussy so he must be getting use to this new world.

At first I didn't think I would mind going back to work, but after spending almost 2 weeks with him I don't really want to go back to work. Maybe I can convince Katie to work and then I can be a stay at home dad? I always made fun of my Brother when we were on vacation for a few days or out for the day and he would always talk about how he missed his Baby Girl. I told him to just suck it up and that he would see her later tonight. I completely understand where he was coming from now. The baby stuff is amazing, it really does change your life, for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment