Our Early Christmas Gift

Our Early Christmas Gift

Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Significance of the name Michael Ryan














My brother's watch and Michael Ryan, two masterpieces I will cherish forever.

I have posted a couple blogs and it just dawned on me that I didn't tell anyone how we came up with the name Michael Ryan.

For those of you who know me know I lost my Brother back on August 18th, 2008 to a horrific traffic accident. My brother was always the type of person who would help out ordinary strangers. Little did he know it would cost him his life the last time he would help a complete stranger. Over the years my brother and I became very close, even though we use to fight like the dickens when we were kids. My brother would always joke around with me because he knew Katie and I were trying to have a child. He would always hug Katie and tell us that if we needed any help he was the man for the job, since he has two children. I always use to laugh at him and tell him no thanks we'll keep on practicing. I remember 13 years ago when Katie and I first met, she had the opportunity to meet David. That is when Katie got to see the extreme orneriness of my Brother. We were downstairs at my parents house when my brother came flying down the steps and boldly accused me of stealing his condoms. You should have seen Katie's face. She had no idea what she got herself into and I'm surprised I got to see her again. Of course David Michael Bailey told her he was just kidding!

I really feel like my Brother has been with me since he passed. He has led me to many clues since he passed away to know he is with the both of us. Katie and I were so worried about getting pregnant since we had been trying for years. We did fertility tests to make sure we were good to go. I had to take the man test and it resulting in the doctor saying he couldn't believe my count and it is rare for it being so high - I know TMI but it just makes me wonder if David didn't put in a good word for me.

It has been almost a year and a half since I lost my brother, and I wanted to continue to honor him and I plan on telling our son all about the Crazy Uncle they never had. My Brother's Full name was David Michael Bailey. Katie and I thought it was very appropriate to remember my brother but calling our son David would be too hard on us. We decided Michael would be a perfect first name for our son in honor of my Brother. Michael gets his middle name from my first name. This is the fourth generation where a father's first name is their son's middle name. I figured I would carry it on since it was passed on to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment