
Well, with lack of sleep Michael finally drenched his daddy with his super soaker. My reaction times are starting to get a little slower since my sleep patterns have changed for over a week. I was in changing him and talking with Katie and Katie's Dad when Michael unleashed his fury. Bad part was I didn't realize he was peeing on me, the floor, his changing table and a little bit on Katie until about 3 seconds. Talk about collateral damage! I'm just thankful he doesn't have a high pressure squirter since he probably would have shot me in the eye, but I'm sure it is on the way since he is developing more and more day by day. I don't know, maybe that would have been a good thing, we would have had less to clean up. Katie's Dad thought it was hysterical though! :)
Michael has his days and nights confused. He was up ALL NIGHT! And when I say ALL NIGHT, I mean ALL NIGHT. Katie and I both were feeling anxious and worn out. Around 4 in the morning he was very fussy. There are actually 11 things to look for as to why a baby is fussing. I started to go thru them in my head and couldn't come up to a rhyme or reason. #11 states that babies can cry to just cry and to not get frustrated. I thought for sure the little guy was hungry. He seemed extremely tired too. We tried to feed him and feed him. He was chomping away at the nipple and nothing! Come to find out the nipple we were using was defective! We put another one on and gave it a shot and I had never seen Michael suck down milk so fast before! Poor little guy was hungry! Daddy stayed with him for a while and then tried to lay him back down. Both Katie and I crawled back into bed and as soon as we put the covers over us Michael started to fuss. He had been doing this all night long. I really think he feels that he should be up when it's dark and sleeping when it's light. I went ahead and rolled him out into the living room, close by our bedroom and flipped on a light. Sure enough he went to sleep for almost four hours! I need to do some reading to see if there is anything we can do to get him sleeping better thru the night. We still realize he is a preemie and that we are both still getting adjusted to one another. It is a good thing that he is sooo stinkin' cute!!!
As far as the defective nipple goes, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it. Where I work, we have a group in our department that tests software to make sure it meets specifications and business requirements. The manager that heads up that Team has a Wall with items that failed QA. She has empty cans of Soda, wrappers with two pieces of Candy, deformed pretzels, and the list just goes on and on! I thought I might bring the nipple into work with me and pin it up on her board but I think that would be a less than great idea.

No comments:
Post a Comment