
Yesterday was a good day for Michael and the Family. He is still sleeping the majority of the day and actually slept OK through the night. Hopefully we'll get fortunate again today. Michael spent sometime in his little bouncy chair. We figured this would give him a little bit of time to relax and not be with Mom and Dad but he ended up wide awake and looking all around. Dad couldn't figure out why Michael was sitting to one side so he gave mom a call in to inspect the situation. Come to find out I didn't have the straps on correctly and Michael was sitting in the chair with a gangsta lean. If only he was old enough to talk he could have told me, "Dad, what the heck are you doing?"
We have come to the conclusion that Pampers Swaddlers works best for us. We've tried Huggies before but are unhappy with them, so dad is off to get more Swaddlers. They are a little more expensive but save Dad the embarrassment. We were expecting company so I was getting Michael changed. I couldn't figure out why he felt so sweaty! I didn't think to much of it since he's been sweaty before. I stripped him down and changed his diaper. As I was doing this the door bell rang. My friend Bob was at the door and was looking at me with a smile one his face. He asked me how everything was going and how was parenthood. I noticed he was looking at my shirt. When I looked down I had two huge puddles on my shirt where Michael must have peed on me while I was picking him up to change him. His body heat was the same temperature as mine and I didn't even realize he whizzed all over me! I just laughed and told Bob Parenthood was going well minus the lack of sleep. Afterwords I ended up going Krogering with pee all over my shirt because I forgot to change it. I would have fit right in if I were at Walmart - No offense to Walmart because they do have good deals :)

Daddy has been spoiling Michael by going to Babies R Us. I have a feeling that Lowes might actually be the #2 shopping store for 2010 and Babies R Us is going to be the #1. While I was out shopping I found a very funny bib for Mommy since we were both sleep deprived the other day. We did not have a good evening since Michael kept us up all night long so I wanted to get something that would lighten the mood for today. This bib is soooo true. Please Santa just bring us one good night of sleep, that is all we want!
Our friends, Bob, Ruth, and family have been way too good to us. Bob and Marisa dropped by to give us presents for Michael. Michael has his own Christmas Onesie along with many other clothes, a Mickey the Mouse book set, and his very own personalized sippy cup with his name. Not to mention that before he was even born they gave us a Swing, play pad with toys, Sanitizer and Bottle Set. Thank you very much Bob and Family. I work with Bob! He is a colleague, a neighbor, and a true friend! It feels so good to know you have true friends and great family.

No comments:
Post a Comment