Our Early Christmas Gift

Our Early Christmas Gift

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2009

A good day in the books!


Today Michael did very well. I let Katie man the ship in the wee early hours of this morning. Michael only woke up twice to be feed and changed. We were actually able to get a little sleep. I'm sure it will be the complete opposite tonight. Since Michael's circumcision is healed and his umbilical cord fell off, he got to experience his first real bath. Result....HE HATED IT!!! But he smells soooo good now! I told Katie I love the smell of a clean baby but I cannot stand the smell of baby powder. I'm not sure why....Maybe it's because I can remember the time when my mom would put baby powder on me. I use to hate the smell of it then so I'm blaming that one on my mom. Sorry mom :)

Michael seems to be spending a lot more time awake then what he has in the past. He is probably awake on average of 3-4 hours a day now. Which doesn't sound like a lot but he is still developing. They say babies develop the most when they are sleeping, so he can get all the sleep he wants in my book.

His eyes seem to be getting a little bit lighter too. Both Katie and I have the same color eyes so we are thinking Michael may have green eyes, but they are a light blue now. Also for some reason his poo poo and farts are really starting to stink now!!! Katie was sitting next to me when we were holding Michael. She tried blaming the smell on me, and I told her it must have been Buster. We kept on smellling the stench and then realized it was Michael! I keep telling Katie he is taking up after her but she swears he is taking up after me. Either way we are doomed!

Today was actually very uneventful for us. We've just been relaxing with Michael as much as we can. I've been doing a good job of waking up in the morning, (or sometimes we wake up in the afternoon) and fixing Katie breakfast. We've had a breakfast of champions. I've made, what I like to call, Homemade pancakes. They are the good kind where you do more than just add water. You add Shortening, Milk, Egg, and the mixture. They turn out pretty good. I make that along with cheesy eggs and turkey bacon.

Katie is doing great! She only gained 27 pounds in her pregnancy and she has already lost 21 pounds in two weeks. I'm so proud of her. I'm surprised we aren't putting on weight with Daddy's good old home cookin' :).

That is it for now. We love you Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment