
Rated PG-13
We've seen a huge difference with Michael the other day. Our main concern like any other new parent was how much Michael was getting to eat. They say a good baseline to assume for food consumption is the babies weight times 2.5. If that is the case, Michael should be consuming around 15 fluid ounces in a 24 hour period. I think we have that covered with feeding him between 8-12 times a day at 2-3 ounces per sitting. 2 -3 ounces may not sound like a lot but Michael's stomach is about the size of his hand so that is a lot! Katie is doing a good job keeping up too.
Rated R
We were trying very hard to breast feed Michael but it takes a lot of work from him since he is so small and early. He peters out easily. Since Katie is so engorged (she wasn't that small to begin with!) we have a very nice Medela Breast Pump that is doing the trick. It is crazy to see how much milk she is pumping! Hopefully she will be able to keep up with Michael's high demand for breast milk. We have tried very hard to get Michael to breast feed. Literally spent hours trying to get him to latch on. We are going to go the boobie route again once Katie is less engorged and when Michael has a little more energy and a little bigger mouth.
Rated G for everyone
Michael has been cracking us up. Everytime he sneezes he lets out a sigh of relief, "Ahhhhhh!" When we are feeding him he always looks up at us with what we call a little pirate eye. I guess he is checking to make sure we are still up there. He is getting to the point where every time he gulps down milk he makes a funny little noise, just to let his mommy and daddy know he is working hard to become a big boy. He still loves his snuggle time and had been sleeping a lot in his crib. I know it is a complete muscle reaction but he has actually smiled a few times at us. Katie says he flipped her the finger! There will be none of that!
Michael has changed our lives. Everyone was warning me about this and quite frankly I was a little nervous, but I can honestly say he has changed our lives for the better. He brings us soo much joy in the past few days that we have had him. We already feel like we have had him forever and I don't know what we would do without him. He truly is a little Miracle sent down from Heaven! One of my good friends once told me that you haven't lived life until you have a child. I wasn't quite sure what he meant by that when Katie was early in her pregnancy, but now I'm starting to understand what he means.

No comments:
Post a Comment